As a Product Manager at OM1, you will be responsible for translating the strategic vision into product roadmaps that effectively balance short-term and long-term business objectives. You must enjoy spending time with customers and end users to understand customer needs and launch products that both deliver value to our target market and align with the company’s vision and strategy. You will drive tactical implementation, so you must thrive in an Agile Scrum environment with a diverse cross-functional team. You must have a deep intellectual curiosity and be excited to not only apply your knowledge but to continue to build expertise in areas like big data tech, machine learning, epidemiology, biostatistics and clinical informatics. You must love data and be able to be both precise in tackling nuanced problems and creative in thinking about how data can transform the healthcare landscape.
- Solicit feedback from internal and external stakeholders and end-users in order to discover and document requirements.
- Responsible for generating product requirements, managing a backlog, ensuring requirements are well-written, testable and have clear acceptance criteria.
- Work directly as product owner of an agile development team to set product direction, review user stories, set priorities and acceptance criteria, and accept finished work.
- Set the theme for sprints, including a vision for the future product using stories, user personas and white-board sketches.
- Thrive in a start-up environment where you will be asked to wear many hats and to adapt to a rapidly evolving landscape.
- Manage resolution of product defects to ensure high quality and positive user experience.
- Present the product, business model or technology to various audiences, including investors, customers or potential customers, industry associations or colleagues.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as part of an Agile team, preferably for a healthcare product in a software or SaaS environment with clinical, pharmaceutical, or patient end-users
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, comfortable using those skills to drive change
- Ability to break complex product requirements down into actionable user stories; must be comfortable relating strategy to detail-oriented analysis
- Strong initiative to achieve results. Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Experience working with big data, healthcare data and/or analytics solutions a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience