Clinical Data Analyst
As a member of the Clinical Informatics team, the Clinical Data Analyst will assist in the development of a large healthcare database that aggregates data from a variety of sources. The Clinical Data Analyst will become an expert in OM1’s data and will assist in answering various questions about the data, ranging from availability/presence of key variables to specific business logic to populate target schemas. The Clinical Data Analyst will also implement source to target mappings in order to transform source data into OM1’s data model, and will interact with technical liaisons at partner/customer organizations to facilitate the transfer and ingestion of source data for use in OM1’s data assets and projects. The analyst will define and implement processes that streamline operations within the clinical informatics team and will ensure high quality outputs by establishing and following operational processes that guarantee data integrity. In performing the above responsibilities, the Clinical Data Analyst will:
- Develop a strong understanding of OM1’s source databases by analyzing OM1’s big data assets and providing guidance on how to appropriately transform those assets into OM1’s target schema.
- Work with data extracted directly from the backend and warehouses of EMR systems as well as pre- and post- adjudicated medical and pharmacy claims data.
- Analyze, integrate, and transform data by working closely with OM1’s research, product, engineering, and data science teams to define data elements, metadata, master/reference data rules, and processes to abstract and integrate data from multiple sources.
- Provide input to the engineering team regarding additional tooling that would improve CI processes in areas such as data traceability, quality control, and automation.
- Create deliverables such as source to target mappings, data dictionaries/specifications for data marts, and data request documents for data partners, customers, and vendors.
- Manage processes to improve the mapping and normalization of content within OM1’s database.
- Continuously improve quality control processes to ensure data integrity within OM1’s data asset.
- B.S. in related field (e.g. computer science, engineering, information systems, information technology, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare data analytics, ETL development, or clinical informatics
- At least 2 years of SQL experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases (e.g. Snowflake, RedShift, SQL Server, Oracle), including proficiency in data analysis and loading
- Strong understanding of clinical terminologies (e.g. CPT/HCPCS, ICD-9/10, Medi-Span GPI, LOINC, Snomed, etc.) and their uses in healthcare systems
- Strong critical thinking and analytical mindset with an ability to perform detailed analyses and summarize findings at appropriate levels of detail using charts, summary statistics, and specific examples
- Time management and organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize tasks based on importance and time sensitivity
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- At least one year of experience scripting processes using a scripting or programming language such as Python, Unix/Linux Shell, Perl, Java, or other programming language